Environmental Protection Team Leader
Environmental Protection Team Leader
£42,186 – £47,745
Full Time- permanent
We are searching for a highly motivated, well-organised and innovative self-starter to fill this recently created post. In this challenging role you will lead the team in a diverse range of Environmental Protection functions and be committed to developing and continually improving a high-quality service which encompasses an interesting and varied workload including statutory nuisance and pollution to air, land and water.
This role offers substantial opportunity for the right person. You will need to have good leadership qualities, 3 years relevant experience, possess a Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health, have experience in enforcement activities and delivering educational initiatives. Ideally you will have experience of supervising and developing teams.
You should be an excellent communicator as you will be expected to develop relationships and routinely liaise with contractors, partners and stakeholders.
It is a small but busy team where the successful candidate will work in a friendly and supportive environment enabling them to expand their knowledge.
If you want to make a real difference to the local environment and quality of life for local communities then consider joining our recently restructured Regulatory Services Department in a challenging yet rewarding role.
The Dover district is home to a diverse range of communities, from coastal towns to rural villages and hamlets. As well as making this a great place to live and work, this diversity also brings challenges and opportunities.
We work closely with the public and businesses to help realise our corporate vision of a District of ambition, inspiration, and good living – a destination of choice.
Within this vision we consider protection of the environment and the housing stock a high priority. We aim to achieve this through serving our communities effectively with the provision of efficient, effective, consistent customer focused Environmental Protection & Private Sector Housing Teams.
We have a high commitment to customer care, so it is important applicants have:
- excellent communication skills,
- the ability to organise and manage their own workload.
- be able to work as part of a team,
- possess good IT skills.
The role covers a 37-hour week worked predominately between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday-Friday. However, work outside these hours will be required from time to time for targeted operations or operational need. A full UK Driving Licence and use of a car for business is essential.
Dover District Council employees have the benefit of
- a generous annual leave package
- opportunity for home-working and flexible working hours subject to service requirements
- private healthcare scheme
- an opt-in local government pension scheme with the opportunity for staff to make advanced voluntary contributions to top up their pension.
- free onsite parking
- confidential employee advice and support programme
- a modern leisure centre within walking distance of the council offices with reduced membership rate for council employees
- the opportunity to work within a seaside location bursting with heritage and a number of towns and villages all within easy reach of the coast. Other benefits of living in the district include the excellent transportation links to London and across the continent via High-speed Train and cross-channel ferries
Interview date: TBC
Applicants may require a DBS check.
To access this job on our Dover Council job search portal, please go to : www.dover.gov.uk/job-vacancies
To arrange an informal discussion on the role please contact AJ at Andrzej.Kluczynski@DOVER.GOV.UK