Health Improvement Practitioner
Our client, based in East London is looking to appoint a Health Improvement Advanced Practitioner. For this assignment you will be supporting the People and Resilience service, the borough and its partners in the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of health partnership policies and strategies.
You will identify, areas of policy and strategy that require health evidence and undertake evidence-based reviews and supports the alignment of policy and strategy content and recommendations with the public health evidence-base. You must provide specialised advice to public health teams and partners on evidence-based policy including primary care teams, Council officers, general practice and community groups in respect of health improvement activities and evidence-based practices.
Key requirements for the role:
1. Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, are required to receive and analyse information. An ability to present information to non-specialist audiences and individuals where persuasion might be required.
2. Communicate with and establish and maintain relationships with other members of the Public Health Team, a range of other groups or individuals seeking help, advice or information related to public health.
3. Demonstrate a highly specialist and in-depth knowledge of epidemiology and information analysis related to health and social care.
4. Knowledge and experience of undertaking surveys, analyses, and dissemination of findings with the ability to communicate complex information to specialists and non-specialists.
5. Handle analytical and statistical health information issues which require interpretation to formulate solutions.
6.Use judgemental skills to derive alternative information sources and methods of analysis when appropriate.
For this assignment it is essential that you have experience of working at this level (or similar) in a local authority Public Health team. You must also have experience of working in a multi-stakeholder environment, e.g. with CCGs / PCNs / the NHS/VCS to deliver system wide programmes. Experience of working with commissioners in social care (adult or child) and education and other council wide services would be beneficial.
The contract for this role is 6 months and the pay rate is £300 - £350/day
Apply for Health Improvement Practitioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly