Public Protection Officer - Environmental Protection
Our client in the West Midlands is seeking a Public Protection Officer to join their Environmental Protection Team on an initial 6-month contract on a part-time basis.
· To undertake inspections, surveys and investigations and to take appropriate action with respect to the Council’s duties and responsibilities under Environmental Health legislation.
· To investigate nuisance complaints (not just noise) and deal effectively with service requests, both within and outside normal working hours as reasonably required.
· To take proportionate enforcement action, where this is warranted.
· To collect and prepare evidence for legal proceedings to be taken by the Council. To recommend legal action where appropriate and to act as a witness in such cases.
· To undertake monitoring, collect of data (mostly sound recording) interpret results and implement the most appropriate course of action.
· As reasonably required, to undertake out of hours visits in order to maintain appropriate service levels outside normal office hours.
· You may be required to undertake Covid Enforcement in respect of both businesses and individuals as part of the council’s Covid-19 Response and Recovery efforts.
· MSc, Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health or Environmental Protection related subject.
· Experience working in a local authority Environmental Health department particularly in the Pollution Team.
· Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
To register your interest please either email email@example.com or call on 020 8125 4321.
Apply for Public Protection Officer - Environmental Protection
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly