Environmental Health Officer
BATH AND NORTH EAST SOMERSET COUNCIL
Directorate: Place Management
Service Area: Housing Services
Job Title: Environmental Health Officer
Salary: £27,741 - £33,782, pro rata, per annum (career grade)
Hours: 18.5 per week
Post Ref: 21CORP61274C
Location: Keynsham Civic Centre
Based in the World Heritage City of Bath, Housing Services deals with a rapidly expanding private rented sector which has an increasingly important role to play in providing homes.
We aim for high standards of customer service and are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Housing Standards and Improvement Team.
We are looking for a qualified Environmental Health Officer (EHO) or Assistant Environmental Health Officer to improve the suitability and condition of housing and management of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs) in Bath and North East Somerset. The role will be proactive enforcement work in the rented sector or assessing eligibility for mandatory and discretionary Disabled Facilities Grants. There is a focus on residential property inspections.
Applicants will need to be qualified or unqualified Environmental Health Officers and show that they meet the requirements of the person specification which include:
- A degree in Environmental Health or equivalent
- An understanding of housing law, particularly assessment and enforcement of the Housing Act 2004 in relation to the Housing Health and Safety Rating System and Houses in Multiple Occupation.
- An understanding of the Disabled Facilities Grant legislation and process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High levels of commitment, flexibility and enthusiasm.
Our district is a mixture of urban and rural and offers you a great place to live and work. In addition, we offer flexible working hours.
Your main place of work will be the award-winning, modern Civic Centre in Keynsham, halfway between Bath and Bristol, easily accessible via car or public transport, with a train station 5 minutes walk away.
Closing date: 25 June 2021.
To apply, please visit our website at www.bathnes.gov.uk/jobs