Principal Construction Health & Safety Consultant
Buckingham Futures are recruiting for a Principal Construction Health & Safety Consultant to join our client's Infrastructure’s Health & Safety based in South West/North working across a varied range of regional and UK projects.
The post holder will work as a member of the team providing construction health and safety services to both internal and external clients.
You will be required to independently deliver construction H&S advice and to fulfil the role of CDM advisor / Principal Designer on multiple projects to help ensure compliance with the duties of the CDM regulations 2015.
Our client's services include strategic, tactical, and operational aspects of their client's businesses. Their service delivery includes the writing of policies and procedures, carrying out site inspections and audits, writing up project progress reports and engaging directly with clients on a project basis, as well as developing and implementing training programmes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working independently on large projects, or as part of a team on very large projects, to deliver the Principal Designer duty and CDM advisor role.
- Responsible for medium to large sized projects, or key contributor to very large ones independently undertake site inspections and monitoring visits to determine health & safety compliance.
- Independently attend project, design, and other meetings, escalating issues as required by the project plan.
- Ensure output from projects is of a high standard.
- Ability to ensure projects are completed efficiently and within the resource profile which was completed prior to the start of the project
- Independently develop bids, proposals, and tenders to a high quality
- Plans full projects/activities and resources required e.g., time, people, and skills.Leads complex functions or teams.
- Responsible for commercial metrics, quality, and client relations in own work
- Quality assurance checking of others written work.
- Educated to degree level in a construction related field with a preference for a design related degree.
- Extensive Post Qualification experience in a Construction H&S related required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.Has developed specialist knowledge and expertise or has a demonstrable technical interest (could be sector specific or technically specific).
- An understanding of the design process and the principles of risk reduction.
- Thorough knowledge of the CDM regulations and associated legislation
- Appropriate experience of the design and construction processes.
- NEBOSH Diploma or similar technical or professional qualification.
- Registered Member of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS / CMaPS), with CDM 2015.
- Graduate membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- A current record of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD software.
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & well-being, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for this role and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information about the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org