Auditor (Environmental Health Practitioner)
Are you an Environmental Health Professional? Would you like to contribute to the future of food safety and health and safety compliance solutions? Are you professional, flexible, friendly and motivated? If yes, we offer a great working environment, friendly and supportive like-minded individuals for work colleagues and great clients.
We believe in making safety simple.
Shield Safety Group is the UK’s leading provider of Food Safety, Fire Safety and Health & Safety software and services. Trading since 2003, the company was founded by Food Safety and Health & Safety Practitioner Mark Flanagan, who believes in making safety simple for every business in the UK.
We are proud to be the largest employer of Environmental Health professionals in the country and have a strong working partnership with the CIEH, ensuring we continue to hold our position as a market leader. All of this means we can offer unparalleled career development and the opportunity to work with a varied and prestigious client base.
We work with some of the biggest brands in the hospitality and retail sectors including Tesco, Interstate Hotel Group, TGI Friday’s and Wilko Retail Ltd - and are proud of our 95% customer retention rate.
- Responsible for all aspects of location visits undertaken, including audits, training and ad hoc consultation tasks
- Ensure audits are uploaded timely and accurately
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of all written and verbal communication to and on behalf of clients
- Responsible for meeting individual performance targets
- Organise workload in an efficient manner and conform to processes established by the Audit Team Manager and supported by Services Co-ordinator. This includes management of MS Outlook diary and the production of information for POs as needed, in a timely and accurate manner
- Participate in the Auditor Rating Scheme as directed by the Audit Team Manager
- Produce and deliver Special Tasks as directed by the Services Co-ordinator
- Support the IT Team, Sales Team, Marketing Team and Client Services Team with technical advice and resource, when required
- Support the Sales Team with clear and concise communication for sales leads
- Participate in out of hours Helpline on a rota basis
- Schedule and manage workload effectively, communicating risks and issues to the Development Manager
- BSc (Hons) or MSc (Hons) in Environmental Health
- 2+ years’ experience in food safety, health & safety or risk/compliance solutions
- Excellent report-building & communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage your own time effectively
- Strong relationship building skills
- IT literate
What we offer
- An attractive base salary
- A Leadership Team that is extremely well-respected in the industry
- Company culture that is passionate, collaborative and diverse
- 2-week induction as well as on-going training & support for continued professional development
- Career progression opportunities
- 25 days' holiday
- Company conferences and events throughout the year
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
At Shield Safety Group we are proud to have a diverse workforce, and we are committed to ensuring equality and inclusion at all levels within the business. It is imperative that we have a mix of talents, skills and experience within our teams and actively encourage diversity in order to meet these requirements. We value the diversified opinions when we make key decisions, generate new ideas or come up with solutions to challenges. We know that this is the best way to support our clients, and we feel that our workplace should mirror the demographic make-up of the population and of our client base.
As Shield Safety Group continues to grow and expand, we welcome applications from everyone interested in joining our team, including applicants within underrepresented groups. Our recruitment process is being continually refined and evolved to ensure that all applicants are screened fairly and without discrimination.