Our client in the West Midlands is seeking a Licensing Officer to perform a range of duties to assist with the council’s Covid-19 response.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
• The provision of technical and administrative support for the licensing function and all relevant operational matters.
• To act as a point of contact for and deal with enquiries from businesses, the general public, the customer contact centre, external agencies and outside bodies.
• To input and extract information from computers and similar aids and assist with the management of databases/computer systems.
• To process licence applications and other relevant transactions in accordance with Council Policies.
• To raise invoices, recover and reconcile fees and administer the payment process including refunds.
• To keep up to date with relevant legislation and appropriate practices and attend seminars, meetings and training courses as required.
• To carry out compliance checks and visits as directed by a manager, Professional, Technical or Specialist Officer.
Experience/ Qualifications Required
•5 GCSEs at Grade C or above including mathematics and English or other equivalents
• Basic level of academic knowledge and experience of the use of a range of business support techniques including ICT is essential.
•Experience in an administrative, technical or operational role relevant to licensing is advantageous.
• Access to a suitable means of transport as required for official duties and a full current driving licence is desirable.
To register your interest, please either call us on 020 8125 4321 or email email@example.com.