Port Health Officer
I am working with a client in the Suffolk area who is looking for a Port Health Officer to help assist the team for an 18 month contract. This is a full time role which will include day and night shifts, and has an expected rate of around £50-£60 per hour which open for negotiation for the right candidate. Port Health experience is desired however not a requirement as the officer will be provided with training.
The officer will be dealing with:
- Checks on imported food, examination and sampling of foodstuffs
- Inspecting ships and infectious disease control
- General public and environmental health checks
- Checking and processing of import documentation
- You must have a good knowledge of current food safety/hygiene standards and regulations
- You must either be a certified EHO, EHP or hold a higher level certificate in food safety
- Port Health experience is desired but not a requirement
- It is essential that you have an up to date knowledge of current legislation and have over 2 years’ experience working within Food Safety in Local Authority
If you would be interested in applying for this role please click the apply button or alternatively please do send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.