6 days left
- Full Time
Barnsley Council are seeking a highly motivated Service Manager to join their team. You will be working on a full time, fixed term basis (1 year fixed term from appointment) and in return will receive a competitive salary of £43,857- £46,845 per annum.
The Service Manager role:
Here at Barnsley, we live and work by four important values: honesty, teamwork, excellent service, and taking pride in what we do. Regulatory Services protect the health, safety and well-being of those who live, work in and visit the Borough, enabling local businesses to comply with their regulatory responsibilities. We are at the forefront of BMBC’s covid response. That’s where you come in, as a Service Manager. You will be primarily involved in managing a team of staff to respond to covid work, as well as supporting the wider work of the service. As part of our team, you can be sure we’ll do all we can to support you in being truly excellent.
Key responsibilities of our Service Manager:
- To provide leadership and line management for a significant range and volume of human, financial and physical resources within defined services, providing direction and coordination of workloads, support and guidance dealing with recruitment, motivation, training, welfare and discipline issues as appropriate.
- To develop, lead, implement and manage delivery of projects and programmes which achieve the objectives and outcomes of Business Plans and also maximise public health outcomes, seeking innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Liaise, negotiate, influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at local, regional and national level to achieve strategic aims and ensure Service sustainability.
- To seek out, lead on the design, bidding and negotiation to secure external funding and investment opportunities which directly contribute to the delivery of key outcomes.
- To work across a broad range of disciplines to develop, lead and deliver joined up solutions to service and strategy delivery.
- To drive forward policy in relation to the work of Regulatory Services and maximise opportunities to use innovative approaches to develop key themes for developing Barnsley as a great place to live, work and visit.
- Undertake budget management and financial planning, setting budgets, appropriately allocating funds, authorise and monitor income and significant expenditure.
- Contribute and manage the development of systems and processes to ensure effective performance management frameworks, systems and accountabilities with external partners.
- Provide professional advice, guidance and information including interpretation of policies, procedures, guidance and legislation.
Qualifications and Experience we’re looking for in our Service Manager:
- Level 6 qualification relevant to the service area.
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
- Willingness to undertake the Councils Leadership Programme.
- Must be able to demonstrate relevant competencies appropriate to the service.
- Evidence of recent relevant CPD.
- Experience of providing specialist advice and guidance to managers at all levels of seniority, external agencies and other forums on a regular basis.
- Considerable experience of policy and procedure formulation and implementation.
- Experience of performance and contract management issues with partners and private sector organisations.
Skills we’re looking for in our Service Manager:
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work at senior levels within an organisation and partnership agreements, sometimes in areas of significant risks, tensions and conflict.
- Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, being self-motivated and able to use own initiative under minimal supervision whilst taking advantage of innovative solutions.
- Skilled in producing quality documentation including reports, ensuring they are suitable for particular audiences.
- Skilled in carrying out research and developing strategies, policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively manage sizeable and complex projects / programmes and processes to deadlines at a strategic level.
- Clear leadership, influencing and negotiation skills, and an ability to motivate staff /project teams and contractual partners.
Closing date: Friday 5th March 2021
To achieve your ambitions while shaping a bright future for our communities, apply now to become our Service Manager.
Apply for Service Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly