Our client in East Anglia is seeking a Nuisance Officer to join their Environmental Protection Team on a part-time basis for an initial 3-month contract. The role will require some site visits but most of the work can be carried out from home.
· To undertake inspections, surveys and investigations and to take appropriate action with respect to the Council’s duties and responsibilities under Environmental Health legislation.
· To investigate nuisance complaints (including noise) and deal effectively with service requests, both within and outside normal working hours as reasonably required.
· To take proportionate enforcement action, where this is warranted.
· To collect and prepare evidence for legal proceedings to be taken by the Council. To recommend legal action where appropriate and to act as a witness in such cases.
·To undertake monitoring, collect of data (mostly sound recording) interpret results and implement the most appropriate course of action.
· As reasonably required, to undertake out of hours visits in order to maintain appropriate service levels outside normal office hours.
· To carry out and review planning applications related to Noise Nuisance.
· MSc, Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health or Environmental Protection related subject.
·Experience working in a local authority Environmental Health department particularly in the Pollution Team.
· Working knowledge of the Tascomi database system is advantageous.
To register your interest please either firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 8125 4321.
Apply for Nuisance Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly