Environmental Crime Officer
ENVIRONMENTAL CRIME OFFICER
FULL TIME PERMANENT
£24,012 - £32,910
Gloucester City Council is seeking two experienced and skilled Environmental Crime Officers to carry out environmental enforcement activity including (but not limited to), fly-tipping, littering, dog fouling, unlicensed street trading, commercial waste enforcement and other related environmental offences.
The Environmental Crime Officer will be required to utilise the relevant statutory provisions to respond to a wide range of offending behaviour; working closely with other teams like Community Wellbeing, Private Sector Housing and Waste and Recycling.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Provide investigative and enforcement expertise in support of the Council’s policies for environmental protection and health improvement.
- Carry out investigation of environmental crimes and anti-social behaviour cases including evidence gathering, taking witness statements, serving fixed penalty notices and preparing case files for prosecution.
- Advise, educate and take enforcement action to ensure that the City of Gloucester is a safe and healthy city for residents, workers and visitors.
- Influence new development to be green, clean and healthy for the benefit of visitors and residents.
- Working with our communities to make Gloucester a healthy, safe and vibrant City for residents, workers and visitors.
- Carry out other public protection duties, as necessary, to ensure that the service runs smoothly and effectively. These duties may cover licensing, noise nuisance and responding to planning and licensing consultation in relation to acoustic.
For further information about the position, contact Ismael Rhyman – City Centre Manager on 01452 396784 or Ismael.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please visit this website
Closing date: 28th February 2021
Interviews will be held during the week commencing: 8th March 2021