Environmental Health Officer - Environmental Protection
Our Cambridgeshire-based client is recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer to advise and give guidance on environmental health matters, in particular, relating to contaminated land, air quality, noise and pollution prevention to start asap for the 3-month extendable contract.
· Carry out the Councils enforcement responsibilities under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 as determined by Environmental Protection Manager in accordance with relevant guidance, procedures and policies.
· Carry out the Councils enforcement responsibilities under the Pollution Prevention and Control Act 1990 and other associated legislation as relevant to the Environmental Protection Section, as determined by the Environmental Protection Manager in accordance with relevant guidance, procedures and policies.
· Undertake and manage complex investigations in the field of noise nuisance as well as deal with domestic noise issues.
· Undertake acoustic assessments and noise surveys with reference to relevant British and Industry Standards. Authoring expert acoustic reports for the purpose of providing evidence in support of criminal and civil proceedings.
· Produce lead statements and legal files for criminal and civil proceedings
· Act as a profession and expert witness in the field of acoustics and noise nuisance
· Reviewing technical noise reports for planning applications etc.
Please do note that there will be some remote working aspects of the role.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org