Port Health Support Officers
Our client in Kent is recruiting for multiple Port Health Support Officers to conduct official controls including carrying out checks on imports of products of animal origin and high-risk food not of animal origin in order to ensure that only products that are safe to eat enter the food chain.
- To undertake checks of organic food, illegal unreported and unregulated fishing, animal composites and other relevant controlled goods.
- To work independently or under the supervision of Official Veterinarians and Port Health Officers.
- To protect public health by applying port health controls on imports in accordance with relevant statutory provisions, rules and international trading standards.
- To perform physical, identity, documentary and seal etc. checks as directed in order to ensure that only products that are safe to eat enter the food chain.
- To be responsible for the storage and dispatch of statutory samples, ensuring that they are packaged correctly for safe transport under required conditions and are dispatch to the correct laboratory.
- To be responsible for maintaining sample dispatch records and disposal of samples no longer required.
- To assist in the destruction of unsatisfactory consignments ensuring that goods are destroyed at the correct waste facility.
- Undertake specific enforcement, investigative, educational and advisory duties and compile inspection reports, legal notices and take further legal actions as necessary.
Knowledge and Experience
- Level 5 qualification - Higher Certificate in Food Control or equivalent (Food Law Code of
- Practice recognised qualification)
- Experience in food control work
- Enforcement experience relevant to food control work
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Port Health Support Officers
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly