Disabled Facilities Grants Officer
Our client in Northamptonshire is currently recruiting for an experienced and motivated Disabled Facilities Grants Officer on an interim basis to provide technical advice, assistance and support to individuals living with a disability, who wish to adapt their homes.
- Liaise with Occupational Therapists in the design of reasonable and practicable solutions to meet the necessary and appropriate needs of the client.
- Instruct and monitor contractors in the delivery of good quality solutions.
- The role will involve close liaison with the caseworker to ensure effective communication with the client and also liaison with the officer designated by the Council to approve any grant application.
- Undertake inspections of properties and draw up suitable schemes of work to meet the assessed needs of the individual.
- Provide technical advice, assistance and support to individuals living with a disability who wish to adapt their homes.
- To liaise with contractors in relation to schedules of work, schedules of rates, works on-site, snagging and completion of works to ensure the smooth completion of the contract
- To check quotations and invoices for accuracy and pass for payment to the grants officer.
The role will be suited to those from an environmental health or surveying background but it is absolutely essential that you have an excellent working knowledge of the DFG process, previous work experience in the field is a must.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email email@example.com.
Apply for Disabled Facilities Grants Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly