Assistant Director of Public Health/Public Health (Test and Trace)
Buckingham Futures are recruiting for an Assistant Director of Public Health/Public Health (Test and Trace) on behalf of our Local Authority client in the Midlands.
- The role will, through inspiring others to identify, drive and secure opportunities to improve and transform the Council, and strategic partners approach to Test and Trace in the emergency response to COVID-19. The role will lead key work to support the delivery of the Test and Trace emergency response and the evolving plan of action to deliver the public health components of the Local Outbreak Engagement Plan. The role will lead and manage the new Test and Trace team which comprises 31 WTE dedicated new short-term roles; wider Public Health officers on a rotational basis; matrix management of roles such as Environmental Health Officers, contact centre operatives and communications officers. Depending on need, there is the opportunity for wider deployment of Public Health specialists from the Public health Division to provide surge capacity as required.
- To lead the Test and Trace response. Providing public health specialist advice on health protection, incident management and infection prevention and control.
- Using and interpreting data to assess the population’s health. To support the Chief Executive, Corporate Directors, Elected Members and colleagues in translating strategic vision and priorities for Test and Trace into operational plans, monitoring their progress on a regular basis, identifying exceptions.
- To work with colleagues to identify and determine the best models of service delivery for Test and Trace related services and functions, which deliver high quality outcomes and performance and a high-quality customer experience.
- To provide strong professional and managerial leadership across the organisation, including setting clear objectives and measures, managing performance and resources, and assessing impact/risk.
- To create a working environment where employees will flourish and deliver services within The Council to the highest possible standard; coordinating and managing a team who are currently remote working.
- To develop/negotiate joint approaches to local service planning and delivery in partnership with all the relevant internal and external services providers and regional and national bodies.
- To develop and maintain positive and creative relationships with diverse stakeholders including; elected members, council officers and other external agencies in order to maximise joint effort and pool resources wherever possible.
- To develop a robust performance management system for the Test and Trace service. To ensure regular reporting of progress of the Test and trace response in line with governance requirements.
- To act as an ambassador for the Council, promoting and enhancing the authority’s image, forming strategic alliances and developing effective local, regional and national working relationships.
- To ensure the Council is equipped at all times and open to inspection/external assessment in order to maximise opportunities to learn and enhance outcomes and levels of achievement.
- To ensure all employees, both within the portfolio and across the council, are developed and supported to enable them to reach required competencies to deliver services to both national and local standards through systematic and targeted performance management.
- To lead and promote good employee relations through staff engagement and regular contact with Trade Union representatives at all levels.
- To promote the council’s core values and equal opportunities with our communities and staff through personal example, open commitment and clear action.
- To develop a positive working environment encouraging active involvement of employees in shaping the development and co-production of services.
- To foster a cross Council culture by ensuring the overall vision, ethos and values are central to the use of resources through introduction, development and application of appropriate organizational development strategies and delivery plans.
- To lead empowerment of managers and staff to operate within a culture of accountability and shared responsibility for generating and delivering the best possible outcomes.
The Assistant Director of Public Health (Test and Trace) will be expected to:
- To participate in the staff appraisal scheme and departmental audit, and ensure appraisal and development of any staff for which s/he is responsible.
- To contribute actively to the training programme for Foundation Year Doctors/Specialty Registrars in Public Health as appropriate, and to the training of practitioners and primary care professionals within the locality
- To pursue a programme of CPD, in accordance with Faculty of Public Health requirements, or other recognised body, and undertake revalidation, professional appraisal, audit or other measures required to remain on the GMC/GDC Specialist Register or the UK Public Health (Specialist) Register or other specialist registers as appropriate.
- To practise in accordance with all relevant sections of the General Medical Council’s Good Medical Practice (if medically qualified) and the Faculty of Public Health’s Good Public Health Practice.
- To support the DPHs in the provision of Health Improvement, Health Protection and Health Services. To support the DPHs to produce an independent annual report on the health of the population, progress on improving health and reducing inequalities and making recommendations.
- To support the DPHs in the provision of specialist public heath advice to commissioners on priorities for health and social care spending and the appropriate configuration of services within and between local authorities.
- To support Local Resilience Forum in developing comprehensive multi-agency plans for the anticipated threats to public health
The post is contracted until 31 August 2021, although an extension may be offered dependent on funding
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for this role and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email email@example.com
Apply for Assistant Director of Public Health/Public Health (Test and Trace)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly