Environmental Health Officer
Good Morning and Happy New Year
We have taken on an exciting opportunity in the Home Counties for an Environmental Health Officer to work alongside their Environmental Protection and Housing teams to undertake the full range of private sector housing and environmental protection work.
Main duties and responsibilities
- General environmental protection complaint work under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 with cases relating to noise, bonfires, artificial light, odour, drainage etc.
- Investigation of complaints regarding housing disrepair, in line with council policies and procedures, using the HHSRS. Where necessary and appropriate, to initiate and follow through enforcement action in line with council policies and procedures.
- Inspection, licensing and enforcement of houses of multiple occupation in line with council policies and procedures.
- Where appropriate, draft and /or review written procedures and processes for private sector housing enforcement work.
- Duties range from initial contact with complainants, through to an investigation and on to service of notices and enforcement action where necessary.
- Qualified Environmental Health Officer
- Membership of professional body such as CIEH
- Experience of investigating nuisance complaints and other environmental protection work
- Experience of private sector housing enforcement work
- Supervisory experience would be advantageous
- To apply you will need to have recent work experience in a similar capacity, having at least a minimum of two years post qualification experience of pollution and housing enforcement in a Local Authority.
- You will be expected to manage your own caseload so you will need to be well organised and you will need to be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills are essential and you must be comfortable dealing with the general public.
- It would be desirable that you are EHRB registered but you must hold the HHSRS accreditation.
For further information do feel free to contact me by email or on 020 8125 4321.
Apply for Environmental Health Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly