Licensing Enforcement Officer
Our client in Yorkshire is seeking a Licensing Enforcement Officer to join their Licensing Team for an initial 4-month contract.
Key Duties/Areas of Responsibility
- Enforce a range of Licensing and other Consumer and Public Protection legislation having due regard to relevant codes of practice and guidance documents.
- Conduct enforcement activities in accordance with appropriate inspection programmes, provide guidance and advice to businesses, respond to consumer queries / complaints and work with other organisations and agencies to address issues of concern within communities.
- To provide technical and professional advice on matters related to local authority licensing (as directed by service management) including the provision of advice to members of the public, members of the licensing team and other departments / agencies internal or external to the council
- Liaise with Councillors, other bodies and organisations and attend public meetings, dealing with the technical aspects of Licensing.
- Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures relating to the work of the licensing team.
- You will be required to travel throughout the Borough and undertake work outside of the times during which public transport is available.
- Awareness of the legislative frameworks, key issues and working practices relevant to the work of local authority licensing – including taxis and private hire, Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005 and other similar statutory licensing regimes.
- Awareness of appropriate codes of practice, guidance documents, industry advice and other reliable sources of information.
- Awareness of the principles of intelligence lead enforcement.
- NQF Level 3 qualification e.g. AS and A levels, NVQs Level 3, Applied A Levels, BTEC First Certificates and Diplomas, City and Guilds Advanced Craft Part 3, or NQF Level 4 Certificates of Higher Education Or evidence of the equivalent level of knowledge gained through work experience.
To register your interest, please either email me back or give me a call on 020 8125 4321.
Apply for Licensing Enforcement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly