Head of Environmental Health & Wellbeing
1 day left
- Full Time
Our client in the South West of England is seeking an Interim Head of Environmental Health & Wellbeing to provide overall leadership and management of the Council’s Environmental Health service.
- To lead the district’s environmental health response to the Covid-19 pandemic and public health emergency.
- To provide effective leadership and overall management of the Environmental Health team and services comprising: food safety, health and safety, environmental protection, licensing, pest control, animal welfare, renewable energy, home energy efficiency, private sector housing renewal and the Council’s land drainage responsibilities.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of comprehensive and new approaches to delivering the corporate priorities of the Council.
- To strive for continuous improvement in service delivery and value for money
- To develop and maintain the partnerships and relationships with external bodies and parties at local, regional and national levels.
- To generally contribute to the wider corporate management of the Council
Essential Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally with a postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject.
- Experience and strong track record at a senior level within the Environmental Health field.
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of different stakeholders and audiences within and outside the Council, such as senior colleagues, businesses and trade bodies, residents, community groups and organisations, regulatory bodies and elected members.
- Experience of working within a local authority context and of working with elected members
- Able to lead and develop high performing teams.
- Able to undertake work of a complex nature, which requires advanced/high-level knowledge and skill across a range of specialist disciplines.
- Proven track record in delivering through a partnership
- Able to prepare and present complex reports and advise Members, Strategic Leadership Team and Heads of Service on environmental health-related matters.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email info@buckinghamfutures
Apply for Head of Environmental Health & Wellbeing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly