Environmental Health Officer (Commercial)
Our client in the South East is seeking an Environmental Health Officer to joins its team on an initial 6-month basis in response to the pandemic,
- Role will be to provide Coronavirus related business engagement work, conducting visits to check covid-secure working practices in a range of premises and generally responding to complaints and enquiries related to covid-secure working arrangements.
- Assist with the Council's contact tracing work or assist with workplace outbreaks.
- Whilst they will primarily be enforcing legislation relevant to the coronavirus pandemic, there will be a requirement on occasion to carry other Environmental Health functions commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Environmental Health professional or graduate in a related subject and can demonstrate competency as required by the Food Law Code of Practice and with and recent experience of health and safety regulation.
- Familiarity with every changing coronavirus legislation essential
- Competent in the use of the Civica APP database also essential.
- Someone with wide experience of the remit of an Environmental Health Service.
- Organised, diligent and flexible.
- Excellent record keeping and communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative and be comfortable working independently, under pressure and with changing priorities.
- Looking to fill 36 hours / week
- Role requires an element of unsociable working: some expectation of work between 16:00 to 23:00 on up to 2 nights per week, work one day every weekend and the remainder of hours during normal working days.
- The role would suit flexible hours, part-time and job share working arrangements and the post may be filled by more than one candidate.
- Expected to almost exclusively work out in the field or from home
- Must have access to own transport, a full driving licence and relevant business use insurance.
- Appropriate PPE will be available as required by the role.
To register your interest, please email email@example.com or call us on 020 8125 4321.