Environmental Health Officer/ Higher Certificate Technical Officer (Commercial)
Buckingham Futures are recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer / Higher Certificate Technical Officer in the South West of England to start asap on an interim or permanent basis to:
- Specialise in a full range of food and health and safety duties for all categories of businesses
- Undertake reactive investigations for complaints, infectious disease and accidents
- Develop and deliver education and public information initiatives
- Respond to planning and licensing consultations
- Process licensing applications for skin piercing and some animal activities
- Support the developing public health and wellbeing agenda work
In return for your commitment, you’ll receive an excellent benefits package which includes: generous annual leave; flexi-time; access to a Local Government Pension Scheme, salary sacrifice cycle scheme, employee assistance program and personal healthcare scheme. In addition, you’ll also be encouraged to take advantage of outstanding learning and development opportunities.
You will hold a degree or diploma in Environmental Health and be EHRB registered and may hold a NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety. Adept at organising your workload and managing conflicting demands, you will also have excellent written and verbal communication skills enabling you to demonstrate respect and consideration for others as well as the ability to quickly build rapport with customers and stakeholders alike. You will have the ability to manage situations professionally and calmly.
You will also be fully conversant with Microsoft Office and database applications and able to carry out independent research. This role involves traveling throughout the district with equipment, so you will also need a valid driving license and access to a car or suitable mode of transport (reasonable adjustments may be possible according to the Equality Act)
If you have the right skills, experience, and qualifications for this role and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email email@example.com