Civil Enforcement Officer
Our client in London is seeking x 2 Civil Enforcement Officers to join its team
To be responsible for enforcing permitted parking places and waiting and loading restrictions throughout the Borough both on- and off-street.
1. To provide cover on day-to-day matters in the absence of the Supervising Officer on matters directly relating to the duties of the post holder and refer more complex issues for decision where early responses are required.
2. To train and/or assist in the training of other staff.
3. To issue Penalty Charge Notices as appropriate for contravention of parking, loading and waiting regulations using handheld computer terminals or hand written tickets as required. To ensure computer equipment and printers are correctly used.
4. To issue leaflets or warning notices to parked vehicles as required.
5. To maintain accurate records of enforcement action taken.
6. To ensure markings and signs of restrictions are of adequate standard to ensure effective enforcement, recording and reporting defects as appropriate.
7. To deal with members of the public politely, firmly and fairly.
8. To wear the approved uniform at all times on duty and to maintain a smart appearance.
9. To operate on a rota system as allocated by the Parking Services Manager.
10. To use office technology as requested.
11. To advise the public in relation to enquiries concerning parking matters.
12. To ensure that Corporate and Departmental Health and Safety policies are implemented at all times and to raise any concerns regarding their operation, or any other Health and Safety matters, with the appropriate line manager.
13. To carry out other duties as appropriate to the grading of the post as required by management.
14. To carry out all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Councils corporate procedures on Equal Opportunities and Customer Care.
To register your interest, please email your CV to email@example.com or call us on 020 8125 4321.