Multiple opportunities within the Commercial Regulatory Team.
Join our team – We’re proud of what we do – why not become part of it?
North East Lincolnshire Council have multiple opportunities available for self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals within their Commercial Regulatory Team.
We have the following roles available: -
- Principal Environmental Health Practitioner (x1 Position available)
NJC36 £39,880 | 37 hours per week | Permanent
- Senior Environmental Health Practitioner (Multiple positions)
NJC34 £37,890 | 37 hours per week | Permanent
- Senior Food Safety Officer (Multiple positions)
NJC31 £34,728 | 37 hours per week | Permanent
We are a multi-disciplined team who cover a range of traditional commercial Environmental Health, Trading Standards and Port Health activities. We also have one of the busiest Border Control Posts in the UK for the import of fishery products and are responsible for a full range of enforcement duties both inland and at the border. The area is also a local, national and international hub of food manufacturing, storage and distribution, which influences the nature of our regulatory service demands.
The Port complex of Grimsby and Immingham is the UK’s largest port by tonnage, handling around 12% (62.6 million tonnes) of the UK’s cargo. Benefiting from a prime deep-water location on the Humber Estuary, one of Europe’s busiest trade routes, it plays a central role in the commercial life of the UK.
We are currently in the process of transforming our service in response to the UK’s departure from the EU and are looking for hard working, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals as valuable additions to our service.
Key elements of the roles
- To work as part of a team to deliver the operational activities as detailed in relevant service plans and Councils outcome framework.
- enforcing food hygiene and standards legislation, communicable disease, health and safety and public health legislation.
- help to support the service delivery within the busy Port Health section of the team
- provide operational support in relation to issuing Export Health Certificates for fish and fishery products.
- There will be a requirement to work outside of core hours, for example evenings or weekends or may be required to participate in rotational shift patterns.
Please read the full job description and employee specification before applying for these roles.
Please refer to the role profile for specific qualification requirements. Previous experience or relevant qualifications in food or health and safety enforcement is desirable. We are able to provide full training for qualified Environmental Health Practitioners without post qualification food and health and safety experience.
You will also be committed to continuing personal and professional development including maintaining authorised officer competencies and CPD requirements of the Statutory Food Law Code of Practice.
What we offer
In return we offer a flexible working environment, a career average pension scheme with the option for additional voluntary contributions, car parking, the opportunity to purchase extra annual leave and other benefits. The successful candidate will receive the necessary training and guidance and support in their role.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact either Neil Beeken, Commercial Regulatory Manager on 01472 324773 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dee Hitter, Principal Officer, Port Health on 01472 323403 (email@example.com).
Closing date for applications: Friday, 18th December 2020 at 12pm.
Interviews will be held: Week Commencing Monday, 11th January 2021.