4 days left
- Full Time
Grade 5 £29,987 - £34,875 per annum
12 month Fixed Term Contract, Full Time 37 hours per week
Are you an Enforcement Officer looking for a new challenge? Do you like making a difference for people? Do you want an interesting, varied and empowered role? Do you want to work for a supportive and flexible employer? You could be our next Enforcement Officer.
Working across South Cambridgeshire, you will be a key part of the Waste and Environment Service, responding to calls and developing our service in relation to Covid-19 to ensure that the district remains a safe place to live, work and visit.
The role will require the successful candidate to have a working knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to Covid-19 and local authority enforcement procedures.
You will be confident to work alone, as well as in partnership with internal and external services, to educate, advise and provide guidance regarding Covid-19 and where necessary, take appropriate enforcement action.
Reporting to the Principal Officer (Covid-19), you will be responsible for ensuring that reported incidents and enquiries are investigated, analysed and appropriate action is taken to achieve a successful outcome.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with members of the community, businesses and parish and district councillors to share and receive information regarding Covid-19 and other community and business issues.
Along with undertaking Covid-19 compliance and enforcement activities, the successful candidate will also provide enforcement support to our environmental crime, licensing and anti-social behaviour teams. Having knowledge and experience of these powers would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will have:
- an enthusiasm for problem solving and utilising the tools and powers available to them
- experience of working with the public, including in challenging situations
- experience of local authority enforcement activities
- experience of using a case management system for monitoring calls for service
- the ability to remain calm, polite and professional in confrontational situations
- great communication skills
- the ability to work outside in all weathers as well as in an office environment
- a full driving licence and their own vehicle
You will need to be able to work flexibly in line with the needs of the role, which may include occasional weekend and evening working.
For further information please contact Jane Hunt (Service Manager) on 07704 019398 / Chris Coker (Principal Officer (Covid-19)) on 07590 827308.
Closing date: 9:00am Monday 30 November 2020
Interview Date: to be confirmed