Environmental Health Together register
We are now delighted to announce that the Environmental Health Together register is live and taking candidate applications. The register will enable local authorities (LAs) in England to be able to access the help they desperately require to combat the coronavirus pandemic.
Environmental Health Together is hosted by the Local Government Association (LGA), quality-assured by CIEH and backed by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) and NHS Test and Trace.
It is aimed at anyone with any/all of the professional criteria below in the “About you” Section and who is available for work, either part-time or full-time, in-person or remotely, and in a remunerated or voluntary capacity. While only LAs in England will be able to recruit from it, it is anticipated that many roles will be based remotely so registrations are invited from across the UK.
Its creation recognises the important and holistic role that Environmental Health Practitioners (EHPs) are currently playing in tackling the pandemic, and builds on the volunteer register which we launched as part of our first response to the crisis.
Varied depending upon your experience and the needs of the local authority.
- Flexible working days
- Flexible working location – home-based or onsite
- Remunerated or voluntary capacity
All of the below criteria will be considered.
- Successful completion of an accredited (CIEH or REHIS) environmental health degree (at either degree or master’s level)
- Successful completion of a non-accredited environmental health degree
- Successful completion of professional assessments and exams leading to award of a Certificate of registration from the Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB) or its equivalent
- CIEH Chartered Status (CEnvH)
- REHIS Chartered Status (Ch.EHO MREHIS)
- REHIS Diploma in Environmental Health
- Full membership of professional body requiring CPD (e.g. CIEH or REHIS)
- A Higher Certificate in Food Control awarded by EHRB
If you would like to apply, please register your details on the LGA site http://www.local.gov.uk/EHTogether for more information on the register and who is eligible to join.