Buildings H&S Compliance Officer
A client in Bedfordshire is seeking a Buildings H&S Compliance Officer to join their team for a short term contract.
• This post is responsible for ensuring the corporate property portfolio meets all legal requirements and that staff, customers and members who use the services can do so in a safe manner.
• To act as the principal adviser on building compliance matters for all the Council property portfolio.
• Provide professional advice to the Head of FM and other Council Officers, carrying out safety audits, risk assessments and organising essential repairs.
• Lead on or contribute to the preparation, update and publication of property related Health and Safety policies and procedures (including asbestos, fire and water management) in conjunction with the Corporate Health and Safety Manager and the Assets Management Team to ensure that the Council complies with its legal obligations.
• To monitor and report on the status of compliance and risks and develop technical requirements to enable compliance.
• To ensure that CBC can demonstrate compliance with all statutory legal requirements for the corporate property portfolio.
• Continually review and audit Health and Safety asset information available on the Council’s property management systems and other relevant databases.
• Commission, and where practicable carry out, and review property related risk assessments including fire, water and asbestos.
• Manage the Council’s fire, asbestos and legionella management plans for the corporate property portfolio.
• Organise asbestos refurbishment and demolition surveys, and organise and manage all asbestos removal works.
• Assisting with the management and implementation of emergency procedures for all corporate buildings including ensuring adequate coverage is in place.
• Ensure all contractors employed by the Council carry out their works in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation through implementation and management of permit to work systems and on site monitoring.
• To provide expert advice, guidance and communication campaigns on all Health & Safety and building compliance matters to colleagues, councillors and members of the public – including Head-teachers/Governing bodies, and to negotiate effectively on behalf of the Council to meet its corporate objectives.
• Manage own workload to a high degree of efficiency and know when to seek guidance and assistance from line manager or when specialist advice is required.
• Carry out any other responsibilities that reasonably fall within the scope of the post holder and to assist with any reasonable duty at the request of the Line Manager
If you would like to learn more, please send your CV to email@example.com in the first instance, along with any questions you may have.