Principal Lead Officer
A client in the South East of England is seeking a Principal Lead Officer to join their team for 6 months.
- To provide the technical, professional lead for the range of food safety and health & safety functions carried out by the team. This will include the delivery of projects and other commercial casework.
- To take responsibility for reactive and proactive elements of the team’s work areas and work with team members to develop ideas and effective working practices.
- Supervising and supporting team members to ensure high performance and excellent customer service and providing managerial support to the Team Manager.
Role responsibilities and main duties
- To take the technical lead in the relevant reactive and programmed elements of the team’s work and provide professional advice to colleagues.
- To effectively manage personal casework and projects in accordance with the Service’s procedures including preparing the necessary evidence to take appropriate enforcement decisions and appearing in court in support of legal proceedings when necessary.
- To provide expert technical and professional advice and support to the Team Manager on relevant work areas in the Business Regulation Team and to contribute to service project teams as required.
- To stand in as necessary to provide managerial support in the absence of a Team Manager in the Environmental Health Service.
- To develop and maintain effective links and working relationships with relevant internal and external partners e.g. Public Health England, Food Standards Agency.
- To provide support to the service area on delivery of the Corporate and service plans using appropriate organisational tools, policies and procedures.
- To maintain relevant records and ensure that data is managed effectively.
- To use relevant data to inform decisions, implement change and to make recommendations for improvement.
- To keep the Team Manager informed of progress; bringing to his/her attention any matters of concern that may have a bearing on the work or reputation of the Service Area.
- To review and challenge existing practice and to take a high degree of personal responsibility in service delivery, service improvement and delivering innovative solutions.
If you would like more information please email email@example.com