Environmental Health Officer - Covid/Food
A client in South West London is seeking an Environmental Health professional for an initial six month period to provide Coronavirus related business engagement work, conducting visits to check covid-secure working practices in a range of premises and generally responding to complaints and enquiries related to Covid-secure working arrangements. The other duties are as follows:
• The post holder may also be asked to assist with the Council's contact tracing work or assist with workplace outbreaks.
• Whilst they will primarily be enforcing legislation relevant to the coronavirus pandemic, there will be a requirement on occasion to carry other Environmental Health functions commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Environmental Health professional or graduate in a related subject and can demonstrate competency as required by the Food Law Code of Practice and with and recent experience of health and safety regulation.
• Familiarity with every changing coronavirus legislation essential
• Competent in the use of the Civica APP database also essential.
• Someone with wide experience of the remit of an Environmental Health Service.
• Looking to fill 36 hours / week
• Role requires an element of unsociable working: some expectation of work between 16:00 to 23:00 on up to 2 nights per week, work one day every weekend and the remainder of hours during normal working days.
• The role would suit flexible hours, part-time and job share working arrangements and the post may could be filled by more than one candidate.
• We offer very agile working facilities with up-to-date messaging and video technology provided by Google applications.
• Expected to almost exclusively work out in the field or from home
• Must have access to own transport, a full driving licence and relevant business use insurance.
• Where necessary access to flexible working spaces in Kingston’s Guildhall Complex for printing and other paperwork activities will be arranged
• Post holder is expected to follow the Council’s covid-secure working arrangements at all times.
• Appropriate PPE will be available as required by the role.
If you would like to apply, please send an email with your most up to date CV to email@example.com