Graduate Environmental Health Officer
Ashfield District Council have 2 exciting opportunities within Places and Communities for Graduate Environmental Health Officers. You will have the opportunity to complete your practical training programme which will lead to registration and employment as a Chartered Environmental Health Practitioner. You will be working on a full-time basis (37 hours per week) and in return will receive a competitive salary of £22,183 - £24,491 per annum.
Ashfield is renowned for its welcoming, supportive and passionate communities, the area boasts a mix of beautiful countryside, complemented by award winning urban and country parks. There are also some fantastic leisure centres and attractions for visitors. The area has excellent road, rail and transport links with three rail stations in the district, along the Robin Hood line, connecting with Worksop (to the North) and Nottingham (to the South) and access to a mix of affordable housing, schools, colleges, and shopping centre.
Skills you’ll need as our Graduate Environmental Health Officer:
- Successfully completed a Bsc (H) or Master’s degree in Environmental Health and achieve Registration as a Chartered Environmental Health Practitioner within 2 years of obtaining the degree
- Whilst completing the degree and practical training requirements, the post holder will be responsible for their own case load across all work areas of Environmental Health
- Demonstrate an interest in Environmental Health and knowledge of Local Government and other health organisations
- Enthusiastic team player
- Excellent communication, organisational and analytic skills
- Experience dealing with members of the public
- Ability to converse at ease with customers and provide information, advice and instruction in accurate spoken English is an essential requirement
Applicants are strongly advised to use the criteria in the person specification as sub-headings in their application to make it clear how they meet each of the selection criteria.
The successful candidate will be automatically enrolled in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Closing Date: 15th November
Interviews will be held in accordance with Government social distancing guidelines.
Canvassing of Members of the Council (directly or indirectly) for any appointment shall disqualify the candidate for that appointment. Applicants should disclose if they are related to a Member or Officer of the Authority.
Ashfield District Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the Community.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to develop your career as our Graduate Environmental Health Officer.