Environmental Health Officer – Food, Health & Safety, Animal Licence
Ashfield District Council have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Health Officer – Food, Health & Safety, Animal Licence to join their team and carry out the full range of day to day functions and duties of an Environmental Health Officer in accordance with legislative requirements and the Council’s policies and objectives. You will be working on a full-time basis (37 hours per week) and in return will receive a competitive salary of £32,234 - £34,728 per annum + car user allowance.
Ashfield is renowned for its welcoming, supportive and passionate communities, the area boasts a mix of beautiful countryside, complemented by award winning urban and country parks. There are also some fantastic leisure centres and attractions for visitors. The area has excellent road, rail and transport links with three rail stations in the district, along the Robin Hood line, connecting with Worksop (to the North) and Nottingham (to the South) and access to a mix of affordable housing, schools, colleges, and shopping centres.
About the role:
As our Environmental Health Officer you will be innovative and forward thinking and be required to provide a high quality service to the public, the business community, internal departments and external organisations. You will assist in achieving the Environmental Health Section’s aim to maintain and improve environmental conditions to the benefit of public health.
Key responsibilities of our Environmental Health Officer:
- Undertake inspections with regards to Animal Welfare and some inspections and audits associated with the beauty industry, including massage or special treatments
- Respond to service requests relating to environmental protection concerns
Skills you’ll need as our Environmental Health Officer:
- A demonstrable record of relevant experience in food safety and health and safety at work
- Qualified to Diploma or Degree level in Environmental Health (or equivalent)
- Excellent communicator with a strong commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult situations achieving positive outcomes and you will be challenged to use your technical and scientific knowledge to maintain a high standard across the service area and seek to drive continuous improvement
- Commitment to team work
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with a risk based approach
- High level of self-motivation and ability to take the lead and make decisions on specific pieces of work
Applications are invited from candidates with the Degree in Environmental Health who have completed their professional registration, although consideration will also be given to newly qualified candidates, and to those holding another relevant degree and working towards the Chartered Status.
Closing Date: 15th November
Interviews will be held in accordance with Government social distancing guidelines.
Canvassing of Members of the Council (directly or indirectly) for any appointment shall disqualify the candidate for that appointment. Applicants should disclose if they are related to a Member or Officer of the Authority.
Ashfield District Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the Community.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to develop your career as our Environmental Health Officer.