Covid Information Officer
A client in The East Midlands is seeking two Covid Information Officers to help out with an ongoing project.
The duties will be as follows:
- Provide high quality, effective advice and support to small and medium businesses who serve the public and have reopened in high streets.
- To visit these businesses mentioned and offer advice and guidance on how to re-open safely.
- To persuade these businesses to comply with government guidelines in relation to reopening safely, data collection as necessary, use of relevant phone apps and assist them in overcoming any perceived barriers.
- Undertake research in response to business enquiries and signpost enquiries to others services and agencies as required.
- Collect succinct information and statistics on businesses within the district with relation to Covid19 reopening.
- To be a visual presence to businesses and instil confidence that the council is here to help.
- Ensure businesses are following guidance and regulatory requirements with respect to COVID safety.
- Carry out visits across the district to businesses to ensure COVID preparedness and compliance.
- Signpost businesses to relevant guidance in government or the council.
- Work with the council officers in ensuring correct information is collected and stored within GDPR guidelines.
- Stay up to date with government guidance and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor business reopening and or closing statistics and feed back to the Economic Development Team and/or the Environmental Health Service.
- Provide information to the public in the town centres on the measures in place to ensure the safe reopening of these areas, including:
o Advising the public on COVID-19 regulations such as social distancing and wearing a face covering
o Directing the public to hygiene stations, where relevant
o Leafleting, advertising walkers and providing verbal messaging
- Ensuring the public are aware of any temporary public realm changes in place due to Covid19.
- Uphold the health and safety issues and ensure that fire regulations are complied with.
- Uphold other legislation, including equalities, in all dealings with customers and colleagues.
- Flexibility to be able to cover busy peaks, especially at evenings and weekends.
**Please only apply if you have previous experience in a Council Advisory role OR have carried out many of the above duties in a similar role dealing with the Covid outbreak**
If you meet the above criteria, please send your CV to email@example.com in the first instance.
Apply for Covid Information Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly