Environmental Health Officer - Food/H&S/Covid Response
A client in Berkshire is seeking an Environmental Health Officer that can carry out Food Inspections across all categories, undertake health and safety Covid spot checks, investigate food and health and safety complaints and provide advice and support service delivery. The placement will be for several months.
1. To carry out inspection programmes according to risk and in accordance with statutory requirements,
national guidance, Council policy and service delivery plans.
2. To respond to a wide range of complex service requests with advice on good practice in
accordance with statutory requirements and Council Policy, including advice to local retailers,
manufacturers and the suppliers of goods and services, concerning their legal responsibilities.
3. To make recommendations, regarding simple cautions and the institution of legal proceedings in
relation to public health, nuisance and general street scene issues in accordance with Council
policy. To produce witness statements, prosecution reports and present evidence in Court.
4. To undertake a specialist role acting as a consultant and advisor to colleagues, to maintain
information and legislation relating to that specialism and to ensure that new developments are
communicated to both the team, the Food Team leader and the Food & Safety Manager.
5. To participate in special projects / investigations, and to co–ordinate, as necessary.
6. To participate in the preparation and presentation of reports concerning the service.
7. To maintain premises and case files and other records including electronic records.
8. To represent the section at meetings and working groups within the Local Authority and with external
9. To maintain a personal portfolio of Primary Authority Partnerships, providing specialist and complex
advice for national and multinational companies on behalf of the Council.
10. To organise and participate in instructional talks, lectures and public meetings and to undertake
educational and promotional initiatives, including media interviews as appropriate.
11. Will comply with the duties and functions prescribed in the Council’s Health & Safety management
system and related policies in respect of the work of the section.
12. To participate in the Out of Hours Service.
13. To carry out any other duties as may be required by the Food Team Leader or the Food & Safety
Manager. including undertaking the duties of other Environmental Health Officers in their absence
or as required, at a level commensurate with skills and experience.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com
Apply for Environmental Health Officer - Food/H&S/Covid Response
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly