EHO/Health and Safety Officer - Covid response
As part of the Gloucestershire Outbreak Control process, a client is recruiting either an EHO or a Qualified Health and Safety professional to help them deliver prevention work and response to any possible coronavirus outbreaks across the county.
There is a need to ensure cover 7 days per week so flexibility will be essential. Travel and subsistence will be paid direct by the council, and IT will be provided.
Essential / Desirable
- EHO qualified to EHORB level or
- Recognised qualification in Health and Safety (NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent)).
- Experience of interpreting and implementing health and safety legislation and good practice in a commercial setting.
- Experience of enforcing health and safety regulation with an enforcing authority.
- Car driver / car available (may be access to pool cars in some districts)
- 37 hours per week
- Flexible working days
- Remote working
- Authorised to take enforcement action
- Provide covid-19 advice and support to all businesses
- Review covid-19 risk assessments
- Inspect and spot check businesses to ensue covid-19 measures are in place
- Support any incidences of local outbreaks as required
- Liaise with each council and across district
- Liaise with partners including Public Health
If you would like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Apply for EHO/Health and Safety Officer - Covid response
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly