Health and Safety Advisor
A client in Essex is currently seeking a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team for 3 months. The Role: ·To assist in the provision of professional, comprehensive health and safety advisory service for all Public Realm Services, such as Waste Collections, Markets, Street Cleansing, Parks and Open Spaces, Fleet and Workshops. in order to achieve a continued improvement in health and safety performance and service delivery
- To facilitate the implementation of the health and safety management system framework, statutory requirements for health, safety and welfare to ensure that servicers can demonstrate compliance.
- To act as the lead on designated projects, research and investigations
- Implement the health and safety management system across all client bases that will include: acting as auditor for assessment/audits, producing action plans, preparing reports, monitoring progress etc.
- Maintain relationships with client portfolio and be responsible for the providing of specific advice, guidance, support with the implementation of the Framework for that client and others as required.
- Identification of key risks across particular service areas A client in Essex is currently seeking a H
- To ensure targets and PIs are met specific to the role (separate document)
- Maintaining and providing accurate and up-to-date data (using Pro-Evaluate, database, Excel, PowerBI, etc).
- Development of documentation (Standard Procedures, bulletins, manual documents, intranet and website information, risk assessments etc.) that is accurate, up-to-date and fit for purpose
- To carry out research to ensure that the most up-to-date information is provided to the team/council
- To undertake investigations and provide reports and recommendations/advice on prevention
- Study trends from AIR/near miss information and target areas for guidance
- To devise and deliver training (e.g. IOSH, Resilience, Stress, Manual Handling, Fire etc.) to a wide audience and assess and evaluate the training provided.
- Provide a suitable advisory service to managers and staff including guidance on risk assessments and safe systems of work (in person, by phone, e-mail etc.)
- Undertake specific projects as directed, assisting manager and Head of health and safety
- Attend relevant meetings as directed by the manager.
- Maintain competencies across a broad range of health and safety topics and responsibilities and for agreed specialist areas
If you would like to apply, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Health and Safety Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly