Environmental Health Officer - Food & Health & Safety
Our Essex based client is seeking an Environmental Health Officer to carry out food hygiene inspections in a range of premises, as well as some workaround COVID and Health and Safety. You must have their own vehicle and be competent in a health and safety educator, advisory and enforcement role on a full or part-time basis depending on availability.
· To complete compliance, enforcement and project work within the Public Protection Service to ensure the delivery of a high-quality customer-focused specialist enforcement service within a performance management regime
· To work on defined areas within the Public Protection Service as defined by your Line Manager.
- The post holder reports to a Public Protection Manager The post holder does not have any line management responsibility. The post holder will carry out casework within specific technical areas. The post holder may be required to work outside of business hours based on the demands of the service.
- Experience of successfully managing a multi-disciplined enforcement caseload. Experience of successfully working within varied Public Protection Services. Experience of effectively working with key stakeholders and clients such as members, residents, external agencies, business partners and the private sector. A high level of achievement in meeting statutory duties, attaining legal compliance and enforcement work through to successful prosecution. Experience of supporting the delivery of projects from inception to completion. Experience of the use of ICT, the MS Windows operating system, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Powerpoint, GIS, Instant Messages, App’s and tools for mobile working.
- Degree, diploma or relevant academic or professional qualification (or equivalent) Membership of a relevant professional organisation
1. To respond to and fully investigate reactive requests for service relevant to Public Protection
2. To carry out proactive work such as inspections and sampling programmes.
3. To achieve agreed performance targets for the service and individually as defined within service and corporate plans;
4. To maintain technical and legal knowledge of specified technical areas of expertise within the Public Protection Technical Competency Matrix.
5. To liaise and work with members and senior managers in relation to their own caseload.
6. To maintain close links and promote collaboration and partnership working with relevant stakeholders and clients in relation to your current caseload.
7. To ensure maximum customer care provision when completing caseload and support projects
8. Make full use of ICT available to support service monitoring and efficiency.
9. Carry out responsibilities under the H&S at Work Act 1974 and associated regulations and promote a safety culture in accordance with the Council Health & safety policies and procedures
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for this role and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Environmental Health Officer - Food & Health & Safety
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly