Health and Safety Officer
A client on the South Coast of England is seeking a Health and Safety Officer to join their team for a 6 months.
The post holder must be appropriately qualified and experienced in Environmental Health.
You will be advising and briefing your team manager and other managers within Regulatory Services.
You must be able to act as a competent and experienced enforcement investigator within your professional field.
The post holder will carry out, lead on and report relevant, potentially complex, investigations, and where required, develop/train others in the delivery of the same. The post holder is authorised to advise internal and external parties on technical matters relating to their specialist field acting as a lead and is also authorised to provide advice to Elected Members, formal meetings of Council Members, the Media, and to provide evidential information within a Court setting, in respect of that expertise.
- To carry out reactive and proactive enforcement work within professional areas and within the business unit’s system for prioritising inspection risks.
- To take a lead in addressing allocated complex and high-profile enforcement matters within specialist area, including investigating, interviewing, making recommendations, and reporting.
- To attend and present as required at official meetings with external bodies and partnerships in respect of their specialist area.
- To prepare reports and guidance on behalf of the service unit, including legal reports for prosecution and specialist reports.
- To maintain, enhance and develop own area of expertise, keeping abreast of new legislation and taking the lead on advising Managers as required on developments
- To support other Regulatory Services Teams where required, including providing advice, taking part in general service cover, rotas, special projects where a number of personnel are required.
- To use best practice in taking and keeping evidence, making records, giving statements, giving evidence and making representation in the Law Courts and before the Council Bodies.
- To maintain excellent working relations with relevant external enforcement agencies.
- To liaise and exchange information as required and keep up to date with best practice. To be aware of and maintain best practice health and safety procedures at all times, assessing and avoiding likely serious risk to self and others, such as potentially dangerous lone working situations.
- Using well-tuned people skills and professional judgement to know when to withdraw and how to call in support if needed.
- To maintain and update the Council’s enforcement database records appropriately.
- To contribute to the development of new, and to review existing working practices and procedures.
- To play a part in training and developing colleagues.
- To represent and/or support team managers at meetings.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, from time to time, by the Head of Planning and Regulation and which are commensurate with the skills required and demands of the post
If you would like to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or call us on 0208 125 4321.
Apply for Health and Safety Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly