Safe Communities Programme Manager
- Full Time
A client in East London is seeking a Safe Communities Programme Manager to join them for 1 year.
As a member of the Healthy Communities team, you will programme manage the delivery of the Safe Communities strategy to keep the area Safe. This will include the following key responsibilities:
- Service and support the Safe Communities, operational group and strategic group
- Ensure the team and partners deliver against the Safe Communities action plan
- Lead and coordinate the Covid-19 Community Champion programme recruiting and retaining volunteers, developing supporting materials, and shaping the programme for specific community groups, such as businesses and young people, as required.
- Develop the Covid-19 Community Champions to meet strategic needs, and engage as an expert community panel to co-design elements of the pandemic response
- Coordinate the outreach support work in a close working partnership with THCVS and the Interfaith Forum
- Support the Community Insight Officer to collect and collate all community insight with respect to the community engagement work and Covid-19 response more broadly
- Support other elements of the Covid-19 response to ensure the engagement strategy’s effective delivery
You will report to the Associate Director of Public Health – Healthy Communities and Health Intelligence and provide programme management and oversight to the team’s Covid-19 response work. You will deputise for the Associate Director of Public Health or Public Health Programme Lead where required.
You will have a passion for working with and for communities to address recent and enduring health and structural inequalities. You will have a flexible and engaging style that supports partnership working while retaining the focus and delivery of improved health and wellbeing outcomes. You will have the confidence and competence to integrate community development and public health considerations within your working practice while prioritising programme delivery.
- At least two years’ experience of public health practice
- Practical experience in facilitating change to improve health and wellbeing
- Project management skills
- Demonstrable ability to transform research evidence into effective health information that can be used to improve health and wellbeing
- Demonstrable understanding of epidemiology and statistics, public health practice, health promotion, health economics and health care evaluation.
- Evidence of having undertaken health needs assessment, health care evaluation, equity audits, clinical and non-clinical audits or quality assurance, health strategy and policy development.
- Strong written communication
- Knowledge of health inequalities, the main determinants of health and interventions to effectively promote health and wellbeing.
- Effective ways of working with populations with high health needs and/or risk factors.
- Community engagement, community mobilisation and community empowerment to promote health and wellbeing.
If you have the right skills, experience and qualifications for this role and feel you match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email email@example.com
Apply for Safe Communities Programme Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly