Environmental Health Officer/Private Sector Housing Officer
3 days left
- Full Time
Our London client is recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer/Private Sector Housing Officer to assist the council to achieve compliance with the 2020 MEES Regulations.
You will be tasked to raise awareness of the new regulations with stakeholders e.g. landlords, lettings agents and tenants.
- Investigate complaints of poor housing conditions and undertake inspections of private sector housing to assess potential hazards under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
- Perform inspections of non-compliant homes and assess the remedial works required, signpost landlords to grants or other funds for remedial works and use the MEES legislation to ensure compliance with enforcement action when appropriate.
- Undertake the inspection of HMOs in relation to the Council’s licensing function management regulations and to assess conditions in relation to the HHSRS.
- Prepare letters notices and schedules of work necessary to bring properties up to current statutory and Council standards and take appropriate enforcement action to secure necessary improvements.
- To provide property owners members of the public and businesses with general advice about the statutory requirements and guidance with regard to housing standards and management.
- Degree in Environmental Health Housing or a Building related subject.
- Qualified HHSRS practitioner
- At least 2 years post qualification experience of working within a local government Environmental Health Team or similar.
- Experience of undertaking property inspections and investigation of complaints of housing conditions and taking subsequent enforcement action.
- Sound knowledge and experience of the regulatory framework guidance and good practice in relation to the Housing Acts Housing Health and Safety Rating System HMO legislation and associated enforcement legislation.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email Ricky@buckinghamfutures.com
Apply for Environmental Health Officer/Private Sector Housing Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly