Health and Safety Enforcement Consultant
Our client in Essex is seeking a Health and Safety Enforcement Consultant for 1 month to enforce all health and safety legislation administered by Environmental Health Services including the compilation and undertaking of relevant project work; accident and complaint investigations including the provision of mentoring to less experienced staff members.
- To carry out risk based interventions of relevant workplaces, to ensure that the provisions of relevant Acts, Regulations, laws, codes of practice, etc. relating to health and safety at work are enforced within agreed authority levels and that enforcement action is carried out in accordance with Council policies, departmental procedures and relevant public enforcement statements.
- To ensure the achievement of allocated service plan objectives/targets in adherence to national and local protocols.
- To respond to enquiries and investigate complaints in accordance with standard methods, with a view to achieving resolution through the use of suitable formal and informal remedies,including provision of informal advice and mediation, service of statutory notices, legal proceedings, etc.
- To investigate accidents and incidents notified in accordance with the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations, having regard to the national incident selection criteria.
- To undertake assessment of appropriate enforcement decisions through the use of the Enforcement Management Model.
- To carry out site visits, surveys,inspections, interventions as appropriate.
- To provide advice to local businesses, commerce, consumers and residents on complying with relevant legislation and technical matters.
- To prepare statutory notices in accordance with delegated powers having regard to national protocols and relevant public enforcement documents and arrange appropriate service of such notices.
- To compile reports, statements,schedules, etc. for consideration of prosecutions, simple cautions in accordance with established procedures, in some cases leading to the presentation of evidence in court or other hearings.
- To attend Public Enquiries,Committee hearings, courts of law and tribunals and deliver evidence on behalf of the Council as required.
- To prepare reports for Council Committees, attending Committee and delivering reports as required.
- Carry out research and undertake project work as necessary to ensure that information is available on which decisions affecting the Team’s activities can be made, including where this will deliver service improvement.
- To use specialist knowledge to lead on special projects, surveys, promotions, research and investigations relating to the specialism including management and implementation of any such projects.
- To assist in the training and development of Environmental Health staff in relation to health and safety enforcement.
- To attend meetings internally and with external bodies as required in order to represent the interests of the Council and Environmental Health Services, and participate in working parties or working groups as directed. As required,give presentations to individuals both inside and outside the organisation.
- To take or collect samples and specimens for investigation and analysis.
- To transport, install and use technical equipment where appropriate and participate in sampling programmes.
- To keep up to date with technical,legal and procedural developments that may impact on the role.
- To ensure familiarity with and adherence to all relevant Council policies.
- To participate in working out of normal office hours as required in order to meet service demands.
- To participate in joint initiatives(both proactive and reactive) across council services and with other agencies as directed.
- Undertake All the duties within the framework of Equal Opportunities.
- You must cooperate in all matters relating to Health and Safety and implement all procedures for your job role.The identification of Health and Safety related risks within the working environment must be highlighted to your management.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0208 125 4321.
Apply for Health and Safety Enforcement Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly