Food Safety Consultant
Our client in Essex is seeking a Food Safety Consultant to carry out routine inspections and any associated complaint investigations under food hygiene legislation administered by Environmental Health Services.
You will be assisting local businesses to achieve compliance through the promotion of good standards of food safety and hygiene.
The consultant will also be expected to have a basic knowledge of health and safety at work, in order to enable hazard spotting of health and safety hazards in food premises. The programme will involve those businesses rated C or below in accordance with the Food Law Code of Practice.
1. To undertake detailed inspections of food premises to determine whether hazards are controlled and legislation is complied with.
2. To Ensure that the provisions of relevant Acts and Regulations relating to food safety legislation are applied and enforced within agreed authority levels in accordance with Council policies, Service procedures and relevant public enforcement statements.
3. To Undertake initial complaint investigations in relevant businesses and recommend appropriate follow up action in accordance with Council policy,
4. To Provide advice to local businesses, and commerce on complying with relevant legislation and technical matters during the course of the inspection,including advice on best practice.
5. To Deal with initial queries from the food business in relation to a rating given under the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme as part of the inspection.
6. To Maintain adequate and legible records of inspections and outcomes using forms supplied by the client. .
7. To Complete risk rating of premises in accordance with Food Law Code of Practice And Guidance and the national Food Hygiene Rating Scheme Brand Standard, to enable appropriate risk rating and inspection frequency to be applied and to ensure that appropriate and accurate information is provided in respect of the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme, including the issue of completed window stickers.
8. To Ensure appropriate escalation of issues of non-compliance and matters of immediate concern to the Environmental Health Manager.
9. To keep up to date with technical, legal and procedural developments that may impact on the role, and in particular to maintain compliance with the relevant competency and CPD requirements in accordance with the Competency Framework as described by the Food Law Code of Practice and Guidance. The officer will not be authorised to take formal action, but will be expected to have an understanding of food related legal issues to enable appropriate escalation of matters of concern.
10. To Comply with standard employee Health and Safety at Work responsibilities.
11. To Ensure familiarity with and adherence to all relevant Council policies.
12. To Participate in working out of normal office hours as required in order to meet service demands and the requirements in relation to the carrying out of specific inspections.
13. You must cooperate in all matters relating to Health and Safety and implement all procedures for your job role.The identification of Health and Safety related risks within the working environment must be highlighted to the Environmental Health Manager.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to email@example.com or call us on 0208 125 4321.
Apply for Food Safety Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly