x 2 Public Protection Officer
Public Protection Officer
£25,481 - £28,672
Overall Job Purpose:
To provide advice and assistance to business in COVID-19 prevention. To support the contact tracing team, outbreak control and enforcement work and the investigation of COVID-19 related matters and health and safety issues.
Provide flexible operational support across the wider service including environmental protection, food, health and safety and public health infection control.
Principal Accountabilities / Key Tasks:
1. Build, manage, support and monitor effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders so that they are fully engaged in, and committed to the work of the Public Protection.
2. To support the local outbreak control and prevention team.
3. To record and maintain accurate information to enable reporting and effective local decision making.
4. Support the investigation of local outbreaks and provide advice and guidance to business, organisation and groups on outbreak prevention and control.
5. Implement enforcement action where necessary.
6. Provide advice and assistance to business in COVID-19 prevention. Promote and create awareness of on how to operate in a COVID-19 secure way in accordance with regulations and Welsh Government and sector guidance.
7. Manage different priorities and expectations.
8. Advice and input into the Public Protection Functions’ Communication Plan to provide effective engagement exercises with stakeholders.
9. Assist on health safety investigations, including reports of poor social distancing and management practises relating to COVID-19.
10.Proactively engage with other Council services and departments to ensure effective channels of communication.
11.Assist in the delivery of the statutory Public Health funeral duty.
12.Provide flexible operational cover across the Public Protection function as required.
13.Develop, manage and implement work programme ensuring alignment with performance targets specified by external agencies and those listed in the Service Delivery Plan are met.
14.Manage all work records (electronic and paper) accurately.
15.Manage information for statistical returns and reports relating to the work activities of the Commercial Protection team as required.
16.Comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (and other appropriate regulations and legislation) and ensure safe practices are applied to all of the Programme’s projects and daily activities.
17.Ensure full compliance with all relevant County Council policies and procedures (e.g. EU Procurement and the Council’s Financial Regulations; Data Protection Act; Freedom of Information; Equalities Act 2010; Welsh Language Standards);
18.Comply with the local authority’s Corporate Safeguarding Policy and the safeguarding duties and responsibilities, which that policy places on every employee, aligning with the core values of the Authority, which includes supporting children, adults who may be at risk and their families to keep them safe and healthy.
19.The postholder will need to be flexible in his/her approach to the post and be required to carry out any other responsibilities as appropriate with the nature of the post and its grade.
More searches like this
- Environmental Protection EH Practitioner jobs in Isle of Anglesey (Sir Ynys Mon)
- Food Safety EH Practitioner jobs in Isle of Anglesey (Sir Ynys Mon)
- General Environmental Health EH Practitioner jobs in Isle of Anglesey (Sir Ynys Mon)
- Health and Safety EH Practitioner jobs in Isle of Anglesey (Sir Ynys Mon)
- Housing EH Practitioner jobs in Isle of Anglesey (Sir Ynys Mon)