Environmental Health Officer
A Client in Berkshire is seeking an EHO that is both Food and Health and Safety Competent, to join them for a 3 month contract.
- Provide professional expertise across a wide range of environmental health and where required wider PPP related matters and use them to maintain and, whenever possible,
- To Improve the health, safety and welfare of the district's citizens and visitors.
- To act using a variety of professional skills, experience and competencies including education and legal enforcement to achieve the aims of the Council.
The following duties and responsibilities are dependent on the designation of the post holder:
- Carry out inspections of all types of premises, land and undertakings and to initiate appropriate actions as a result.
- Respond to service requests, complaints and formal notifications by investigations, inspections, interviews and all other appropriate methods.
- Conduct investigations leading to the production of reports for consideration by the Public Protection Partnership – Joint Case Management including conducting interviews under caution, witness handling, and evidence gathering and preparing for and attending court or tribunal.
- Take the lead on research into specialist topics and disseminate information to colleagues in these fields. This may include the supervision of specialist contractors. Undertake inspections and associated actions in response to licensing, authorisations, permits, registrations and similar activities.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with clients, colleagues and external agenciesBe an advocate for the values and work of the PPP
- Assist in undertaking work of a promotional or educative nature including assisting in the running of courses and presentations.
- The post holder may be required, occasionally, to carry out duties at unsociable hours for which either separate payment or time off in-lieu will be paid. This will be at the discretion of the Public Protection Manager.
- The post holder will be working across a wide range of Public Protection functions. To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee,
- To take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the WBC Health and Safety policy and any service-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
Please note that you must meet the full Food Code of Law in order to be considered for this role and must have at least 20 hrs of CPD training.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call me on 0208 125 4321 or email your CV to email@example.com
Apply for Environmental Health Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly