Environmental Health Officer (Private Sector Housing & Environmental Protection)
7 days left
- Full Time
Our client in the South West of England is seeking an Environmental Health Officer to assist their Private Sector Housing & Environmental Protection team.
Purpose of role
- Investigate complaints of poor housing conditions and undertake inspections of private sector housing to assess potential hazards under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
- To undertake the inspection of HMOs in relation to the Council’s licensing function management regulations and to assess conditions in relation to the HHSRS.
- Prepare letters notices and schedules of work necessary to bring properties up to current statutory and Council standards and take appropriate enforcement action to secure necessary improvements.
- To provide property owners members of the public and businesses with general advice about the statutory requirements and guidance with regard to housing standards and management.
- Liaise with the appointed contractor with regards to Environmental permitting & investigating complaints relating to part B processes (permitted or not) within the Borough.
- Investigations into a statutory nuisance, pollution complaints, and reactive noise work (smoke, dust, drainage, and odour).
- Enforce against a wide range of contraventions including but not limited to: environmental crime; fly-tipping
- Degree in Environmental Health Housing or a Building related subject.
- Qualified HHSRS practitioner
- At least 2 years post qualification experience of working within a local government
- Environmental Health Team or similar.
- Experience of undertaking property inspections and investigation of complaints of housing conditions & statutory nuisance conditions and taking subsequent enforcement action.
- Experience in a Local Authority setting of dealing with statutory nuisances & Part B processes
- Sound knowledge and experience of the regulatory framework guidance and good practice in relation to the Housing Acts Housing Health and Safety Rating System HMO legislation and associated enforcement legislation.
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8125 4321.
Apply for Environmental Health Officer (Private Sector Housing & Environmental Protection)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly