Environmental Enforcement Officer
Buckingham Futures have taken on an exciting opportunity in South London for an Environmental Enforcement Officer to carry out environmental enforcement activities including (but not limited to), fly-tipping, littering, dog fouling, unlicensed street trading, commercial waste enforcement, enforcement of Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPO).
Skills / Experience
- Experience in a regulatory and/or enforcement environment
- Good verbal, numeracy, literacy and written communication skills.
- Good observation skills
- Able to maintain detailed, accurate and reliable records.
- Experience of admin procedures i.e. managing case files, taking and keeping contemporaneous notes, diary management.
- Experience in using computer databases and other software applications
- Experience of patrolling
- Experience of Enforcement Work i.e. issuing fixed penalty notices etc
- Knowledge of taking/making/giving witness statements
- Knowledge of operating practices in similar fields i.e. interviewing persons, serving notices/papers, requesting disclosures etc.
- Knowledge of criminal/enforcement procedures
- Knowledge of safe working practices and detailed knowledge of health and safety regulations and application thereof
- Motivation to make a positive difference in people’s lives
- Open approach and flexible attitude
- Able to patrol on foot and in vehicles
- Ability to manage confrontational situations
- Ability to mediate in disputes
- Ability to work unsupervised under own initiative
- Ability to build good working relationships with local communities and partners
- Ability to remain calm and diplomatic in challenging situations.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email Shaquelia@buckinghamfutures.com
Apply for Environmental Enforcement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly