Food Safety Officer
A client in the South East of England is seeking a fully qualified Environmental Health Officer to work as a Food Safety Officer for around 7 weeks. Your role would entail carrying out statutory enforcement responsibilities, investigations, providing advice and dealing with responsive and proactive service in respect of environmental health functions in accordance with Service Delivery Plans.
The duties are as follows:
- To carry out inspection programmes according to risk and in accordance with statutory requirements, national guidance, Council policy and service delivery plans.
- To respond to a wide range of complex service requests with advice on good practice in accordance with statutory requirements and Council Policy, including advice to local retailers, manufacturers and the suppliers of goods and services, concerning their legal responsibilities.
- To make recommendations, regarding simple cautions and the institution of legal proceedings in relation to public health, nuisance and general street scene issues in accordance with Council policy. To produce witness statements, prosecution reports and present evidence in Court.
- To undertake a specialist role acting as a consultant and advisor to colleagues, to maintain information and legislation relating to that specialism and to ensure that new developments are communicated to both the team, the Food Team leader and the Food & Safety Manager.
- To participate in special projects / investigations, and to co–ordinate, as necessary.
- To participate in the preparation and presentation of reports concerning the service.
- To maintain premises and case files and other records including electronic records.
- To represent the section at meetings and working groups within the Local Authority and with external organisations.
- To Provide specialist and complex advice for national and multinational companies
- To organise and participate in instructional talks, lectures and public meetings and to undertake educational and promotional initiatives, including media interviews as appropriate.
- To comply with the duties and functions prescribed in the Council’s Health & Safety management system and related policies in respect of the work of the section.
- To participate in the Out of Hours Service.
- To carry out any other duties as may be required by the Food Team Leader or the Food & Safety Manager. including undertaking the duties of other Environmental Health Officers in their absence or as required, at a level commensurate with skills and experience.
You must have worked for a council undertaking food inspections in the last few years and also have completed 20 hours of CPD training.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or call 02081254321 to speak to us directly.
Apply for Food Safety Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly