Environmental Health Officer - Food
One of our clients in the North West of England have a number of posts available, within the Food and Health and Safety Team for around 7 months. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved with a busy team with a wide range of premises and a varied workload.
They require candidates that have suitable experience to undertake food safety inspections, re-visits, identify where enforcement action is required and escalate to existing staff and also respond to customer service requests.
You will be expected to complete inspection reports, establish and allocate food hygiene ratings and prepare schedules of work for food business operators. You will also be expected to investigate complaints relating to poor food hygiene practices and advise business on improvements and update customers.
Food standards and health and safety experience is desirable. Environmental Health Officers must have obtained an Environmental Health Board of Registration Certificate (EHRB).
Health skills related to imported foods are desirable but not essential.
- Environmental Health/Food Safety Officer
- You will complete all relevant details for service requests and related activities in the council's Civica Flare system.
- It is essential that you have significant experience and competency in food hygiene work and are able to work to a high standard with minimal supervision.
The minimum requirements for the post are:
- Be an EHRB registered EHO or have obtained EHRB registration through a higher certificate related to food safety.
- Achieve and documented food competency in-line with the Food Law Code of Practice.
- Up to date CPD records
- You will be expected to fully comply with council procedures and FSA Code of Practice and Practice Guidance requirements.
Applications from those with additional expertise in occupational health and safety, are particularly invited but this is by no means essential.
- Candidates will be expected to provide their own safety shoes and uniform items required for undertaking food safety inspections and/or site visits.
If you would like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me directly on 0208 125 4321.
Apply for Environmental Health Officer - Food
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly