Regulatory Unit [Environmental Health] Practitioner / Senior Practitioner
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
Due to the retirement of key personnel we are looking to recruit motivated Environmental Health professionals to work in our Regulatory Unit. As part of a multi-disciplinary team officers are expected to work across the full range of environmental health functions. However your work will have particular focus on food hygiene and health and safety at work matters including ensuring businesses are Covid secure. Your input will be central to meeting our inspection and investigatory targets. You will possess strong communication, organisational and time management skills, be able to prioritise workloads and be able to work on your own and as part of a team.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
Regulatory Unit [Environmental Health] Practitioner (JE0730) - £34,788 - £38,813
- Qualified Environmental Health Practitioner with EHORB registration or equivalent.
- Food Competent as defined by the Food Law Code of Practice (or if newly qualified hold a baseline qualification with the ability to meet the other standards required within the first 6 months of employment).
- Recent experience in Health and Safety inspections and/or investigations.
Regulatory Unit [Environmental Health] Senior Practitioner (JE0732) - £39,782 - £43,662
- As above.
- You will also have considerable post qualification experience.
- You must be able to demonstrate having dealt personally with a range of complex projects and/or enforcement cases and that you have the ability to do so if successful in this application.
- You will need to demonstrate how you have supported team members to achieve their respective workloads and that you have the ability to do so if successful in this application.
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
Closing date – 11 October 2020
Interview Date – TBC
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.