Environmental Health Officer/Private Sector Housing Officer
Our client based in the East of England is recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer/Private Sector Housing Officer to work with the domestic team on an interim basis.
You will be required to investigate complaints and undertake the inspection of private sector dwellings to ensure the health and safety of the occupants and that their homes are well managed.
Undertake the inspection of HMOs in relation to the Council’s licensing function management regulations and to assess conditions in relation to the HHSRS.
Provide property owners, members of the public and businesses with general advice about the statutory requirements and guidance with regard to housing standards and management.
Knowledge and Experience
- BSc or MSc in Environmental Health, Housing or a Building related subject.
- Qualified HHSRS practitioner
- At least 2 years post qualification experience of working within a local government Environmental Health Team or similar.
- Experience of undertaking property inspections and investigation of complaints of housing conditions and taking subsequent enforcement action.
- Sound knowledge and experience of the regulatory framework guidance and good practice in relation to the Housing Acts Housing Health and Safety Rating System HMO legislation and associated enforcement legislation.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email email@example.com