Licensing Enforcement Officer
Our client in Surrey is looking for a Licensing Enforcement Officer to join its team on an initial 3-month basis.
You will be responsible for delivering the Council’s frontline licensing services in relation to alcohol, entertainment and late-night refreshment; gambling; taxis and private hire services, animal welfare and other licenses processed by the Licensing Team. You will process and determine licence applications; offer advice to applicants, licensees and other stakeholders; investigate complaints received in relation to licensed and unlicensed activity and carry out appropriate enforcement action to ensure compliance. The role also includes working in partnership with external agencies.
Duties and responsibilities
- To carry out licensing inspections and to ensure compliance with the legislation and licence conditions.
- To take appropriate enforcement action including further investigation, taking and making witness statements and appearing in court on behalf of the Council.
- To ensure all fees and charges are collected and correctly allocated.
- To work in partnership with external agencies and other services regarding licensing and related matters such as noise control or crime and disorder.
- To liaise with all stakeholders and write and present reports to the Licensing SubCommittee when required.
Education and qualifications
- Educated to at least degree level in a related discipline or equivalent in experience
-Holds membership of Chartered Institute of Environmental Health or an appropriate institution
-Has sufficient technical and legal knowledge across licensing functions
-Highly capable of managing own workload to meet organisational require
To register your interest or for further information about this role call us on 02087325450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Licensing Enforcement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly