Licensing/Street Trading Officer
Our client in North London is seeing a Licensing/Street Trading Officer to join its team on an initial 3 month basis.
To carry out the duties of a Licensing Officer, involving enforcement, advisory and educational activities covered primarily under the Licensing Act, Special Treatment Licensing, Gambling and Houses of Multiple Occupancy. To manage, regulate and enforce street trading legislation within the borough. Ensuring the provision of an effective customer focused licensing, education and enforcement presence.
- A working knowledge Licensing legislation relevant to the role and the ability to demonstrate specialist working and up to date knowledge and skills in legislation within the specified discipline
- Understanding of the political context and environment of Local Government
- Experience as a Licensing Officer in Licensing or related discipline (e.g. Environmental Health, Police) including enforcement activities
- Experience of conducting licensing inspections in the area specified, including reference to associated areas of work.
- Holds a recognised formal licensing qualification in Licensing, which can include BTEC in Licensing, SELP Certificate in Licensing, or relevant related subject such as an Environmental Health qualification, OR substantial experience of a minimum of 5 years in a specialist field of Licensing Services operational delivery.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8732 5450 or email email@example.com