Reg Unit Practitioner
Reg Unit Practitioner
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
We are looking for a motivated Environmental Health Practitioner to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team. You will cover the broad range of environmental health topics. As part of this you will be required to assist in the delivery of our food safety official controls programme and have the ability to investigate a range of food safety and health and safety matters.
You will possess strong communication, organisational and time management skills, be able to prioritise workloads and be able to work on your own and as part of a team.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements
- A degree or Diploma in Environmental health or equivalent.
- Hold a baseline qualification as defined by the Food Law Code of Practice. The base line qualifications are Higher Certificate in Food Control or certificate of registration or Diploma issued by Environmental Health Registration Board.
- Food Competent as defined by the FSA Code of Practice.
- Recent experience in food safety and health and safety casework and investigations.
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- An annual leave allowance of 27 days, plus statutory holidays, with the option to buy more.
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- In-house management development programmes, endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
- Flexible working options.
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage.
- MK Advantage benefits package, providing access to a range of competitive retail, travel and leisure discounts.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 26th of October 2019.
For further details and to apply, please visit the Milton Keynes Council Careers website http://bit.do/mkc-reg-unit-practitioner1 .